Monday 5 December 2011

My Very First Post

So – this is my first blog post – and I’m nervous!

I am a North East librarian who shares my life with many animals – rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas, hamsters and degus! In my spare time, of course, I love to read and I also enjoy writing. One day I would like to be a writer.

So what is this blog about? Well, me I suppose, but that’s pretty boring. This blog will be about reading – what I enjoy reading, my venture into eBooks, things I’ve noticed doing research as part of my job – and writing – my ‘journey’ as a writer.

I will read pretty much anything – chick lit, crime, thrillers, fantasy, YA – I’ll give any book a try.

My writing is, I suppose, a modernisation of classic stories, fact and fiction. At college I did some work on modern versions of fairy tales and a modern twist on the vampire story. My ‘work in progress’ – which is slowly shaping itself into a novel – is a modernisation of the Tudor story.

Now that my cards are on the table, so to speak, please let me know what you want from me and what you're interested in hearing from me.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Nicola. Well done you - your first post! Scary isn't it? I think, with writers, I like to hear more about their journey and how their WIP is going. It's also nice to get to know a writer a little more, so any life experiences are a good read. With you being a librarian too, maybe you could do book reviews, or your view on life as a librarian. Lovely first post though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Abi - that is really helpful to know, thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new blog, Nicola! I'm really looking forward to reading your posts, as I find anything to do with books and writing fascinating. And it looks fab too – I love the dandelion clocks!

    I can relate to the nervousness – I felt the same when I started blogging a few months ago, as I'd never done that sort of writing before (I've never even kept a diary!). But now, I really enjoy the challenge. Good luck – and go for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog design. Looking forward to reading your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks very much Emma :) I do like to chat about books and writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nicola - looking forward to reading more posts in the future. Your blog looks great. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the blogging world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you :) think I'm going to enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome! I really hope you enjoy blogging, it's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hehe thank you! It's definitely my cup of tea as I do love to write!

    ReplyDelete

Any comments are greatly appreciated :) thank you for taking the time to read my blog.